The City University of Seattle is a private-for-profit institute that was established in 1973. This university is considered as a high-quality institute that provides career-oriented studies. It is located in Seattle, Washington. The campus has a small setting with a very low number of students as compared to other universities.
The City University of Seattle has a semester-based academic calendar offering studies in business, liberal arts, humanities, computer science networking, and telecommunication. The total number of undergraduate students enrolled in the university is 175 students. According to the reports, the total number of students who graduated in 2014 is 50,000 which is a good number.
The City University of Seattle is considered to be one of the high research universities where teachers and students perform research on different areas of study like computer science, telecommunication, and networking.
The university provides both physical and online classes worldwide and has many different organizations where students are allowed to join any of the organizations according to their interests.
Is City University of Seattle a good school?
The city university of Seattle is a highly ranked school because of the very active faculty, students, and their research activities.
The university is 100% accredited. You can also opt for the online courses where you can learn through the online classes if you have any issues regarding attending the physical classes.
University’s total cost per year is $20,567.
City University of Seattle Ranking
- Best College Locations in America #13 of 1,634
- Best Catholic Colleges in America #42 of 164
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America #106 of 726
- Best Colleges for Accounting and Finance in America #133 of 814
- Best Colleges for Criminal Justice in America #133 of 666
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #143 of 1,616
- Best College Food in America #167 of 1,392
- Best Colleges for International Relations in America #169 of 410
- Best Colleges for Public Policy in America #172 of 623
- Most Liberal Colleges in America #187 of 849
- Best College Campuses in America #199 of 1,419
- Best Colleges for Art in America #204 of 733
- Best Colleges for Kinesiology and Physical Therapy in America #219 of 585
- Best Colleges for English in America #229 of 890
- Top Private Universities in America #239 of 961
- Best Colleges for History in America #257 of 899
- Best Colleges that Accept the Common App in America #266 of 685
- Best Colleges for Math in America #270 of 772
- Best College Athletics in America #279 of 1,422
- Best Value Colleges in America #339 of 1,601
- Best Colleges for Computer Science in America #339 of 868
- Best Colleges for Biology in America #352 of 1,079
- Best Test Optional Colleges in America #353 of 1,535
- Best Colleges in America #371 of 1,652
- Best Colleges for Communications in America #375 of 917
- Best Colleges for Student Athletes in America #382 of 1,400
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #446 of 1,612
- Colleges with the Best Professors in America #512 of 1,624
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #588 of 1,653
- Top Party Schools in America #729 of 1,612
- Hardest Colleges to Get Into in America #812 of 1,702
- Best College Locations in Washington #1 of 50
- Best Colleges for Nursing in Washington #1 of 16
- Most Diverse Colleges in Washington #2 of 46
- Best College Food in Washington #2 of 20
- Best Catholic Colleges in Washington #2 of 3
- Best Colleges for Accounting and Finance in Washington #4 of 14
- Best College Campuses in Washington #5 of 21
- Best Colleges for History in Washington #5 of 15
- Hardest Colleges to Get Into in Washington #6 of 50
- Best College Athletics in Washington #6 of 35
- Most Liberal Colleges in Washington #6 of 28
- Best Colleges for English in Washington #6 of 14
- Best Colleges for Student Athletes in Washington #7 of 35
- Best Colleges that Accept the Common App in Washington #7 of 9
- Top Private Universities in Washington #8 of 14
- Best Value Colleges in Washington #9 of 44
- Best Colleges for Biology in Washington #9 of 18
- Best Colleges in Washington #10 of 50
- Best Test Optional Colleges in Washington #10 of 50
- Best Colleges for Communications in Washington #10 of 17
- Colleges with the Best Academics in Washington #11 of 50
- Best Colleges for Computer Science in Washington #11 of 19
- Colleges with the Best Professors in Washington #12 of 50
- Top Party Schools in Washington #13 of 50
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in Washington #14 of 50
Seattle Area rankings
- Best Colleges in Seattle Area #6 of 24
- Best Value Colleges in Seattle Area #6 of 21
City university of Seattle Tuition Fees
The estimated tuition & fees for the undergraduate out-of-state students is $13,658. The tuition & fee rate has been increased by 4.10% from the last year.
|Year||Tuition & Fees|
|Change % 2020-2021||4.10%|
City University of Seattle Acceptance Rate
The city university of Seattle has an acceptance rate of 100% and this is an accredited university. Here is a score estimation to get admission to this university:
|SAT Range||No data available|
|ACT Range||No data available|
|SAT/ACT||Neither required nor recommended|
|High School GPA||No data available|
|Early Decision/Early Action||No data available|
City University of Seattle Accreditation
The City University of Seattle is 100% accredited. This institute is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, one of the well-reputed institutes to measure success and performance.
University’s performance and activities are monitored for continuous accreditation. If an institute fails to pass the parameters, there are chances that its accreditation may get canceled. So, for maintaining the accreditation, there must be consistency in research, performance, and activities.
The estimated number of undergraduate students studying in the university is 1,960(fall 2019) of which 66% are male and 34% are female students.
Colorado State University is part of NCAA I.
The student-teacher ratio is 6:1 and each class has no more than 20- students. Student satisfaction is 79% at the university. They also offer online degree programs and evening programs for the facility of their students.
|TOTAL ENROLLMENT||LIVE ON-CAMPUS||ColumnATHLETIC ASSOCIATION 3|
The City University of Seattle offers some great opportunities to its students. Students can earn while studying because of their career-oriented syllabus. At the end of the course, they can earn a handsome amount.
They want their students to grow spiritually and provide all the world-class facilities to their students. There is a campus security system that remains active all the time. There is 24/7 vehicle patrol, lighted pathways, late-night transport services, etc.
Alcohol is prohibited on the college premises. The campus is well renowned for its active, healthy, and sound students who are determined to take difficult steps in life.
There is a library and museum for the students that assist them in their research work.
|On-Campus Housing Available||YES|
|Freshmen Required to Live on Campus||NO|
|Freshmen Live On-Campus||N/A|
|Undergrads in College Housing||N/A|
|Average Housing Cost||N/A|
|Religious affiliation||Not applicable|
|Offer medical degree||NO|
|Dormitory Capacity||Campus Housing Facilities Provided|
Students can get all the facilities from this college. They can learn online if they are not able to attend classes. They can get financial aid and student loans to pursue their education. There is a medical facility for the students of the City University of Seattle.
Students can take part in many college-provided sports. They also grant athletic financial aid to students.
|Housing||Women-only housing, Co-ed housing, Disabled housing|
General Admission Information
|Open Admission Policy||Yes|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||$50|
|Graduate Application Fees||$50|
|Credits Accepted||Dual Credits, Credits for Life Experiences, Advanced placement (AP) Credits|
|Degrees Offered||1 Year Certificate, 2 Year Certificate, Associate, Bachelor, Post-Bachelor Certificate, Master, Post-Master Certificate, Doctorate (Professional Practice)|
2021 Tuition and Fees
The tuition and fee for undergraduate and graduate students are different. The tuition and fees are a bit lower than the other universities. Students receive different types of aids that are sufficient enough to pay the tuition and fees of the university.
Undergraduate Tuition & Fees
For the year 2021 – 2022 the average tuition and fees for the undergraduate student are $30,535 and for out-state students, the tuition fees are $13,120. The tuition and fee are increased by 4.01% as compared to the previous year. The admission cost may change from time to time, there is not any fixed fee.
|Year||Tuition & Fees|
|Change % 2020-2021||4.10%|
Graduate Tuition & Fees
For the year 2021 – 2022 the average tuition and fees for the undergraduate student are $11,812. The fees have been increased by 4.01% as compared to the previous year. The admission cost may change from time to time, there is not any fixed fee.
|Year||Tuition & Fees|
|Change % 2020-2021||3.34%|
Tuition Per Credit Hour
Students who want to take some extra credit hours due to some reasons can check the table given below:
|Degree Level||Year||Cost Per Credit Hour|
City University of Seattle All Majors
|Teaching as a second language||✔|
|Health care Management||✔|
|Liberal Art and Humanities||✔|
|Criminal Justice and Safety Studies||✔|
|Police and Criminal Sciences||✔|
Science, Technology, and Math
|Computer and Informational Sciences||✔|
|Computer and information systems security||✔|
|Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications||✔|
|Network Administration and Database||✔|
A total of 50% of students receive need-based financial aids depending on the family income. These aids include:
- Need-based aids
- Pell grant
- Federal students loan
The average amount spent on these aids is $7,527. Students can enroll themselves in any of the grants.
|Type of Aid||Number Receiving Aid||Percent Receiving Aid||Total Amount of Aid Received||Average Amount of Aid Received|
|Grant or Scholarship||300||37%||$2,258,113||$7,527|
|Federal Student Loan||193||24%||$1,636,991||$8,482|
The City University of Seattle is a private for-profit institute providing quality education since 1973. Their job-oriented course helps students to continue their careers while studying in college. The faculty here is well-trained and well-reputed nationwide. The student-teacher ratio is 6:1 which is beneficial not only for the teachers but also for students.
Teachers incorporate the skills in the students that make them good citizens. The financial aid plans are very helpful for the students to pursue their education without any hassle or financial crisis.
The acceptance rate of the university is 100% and it is an accredited university.