Colorado State University is a public research institute that was established in 1870. This university is considered a high-quality institute. It is located in Fort Collins, Colorado and the campus is spread over 4,773 acres of the area. The university has a city setting.
Colorado State University has a semester-based academic calendar offering almost 150 degrees in different fields. The university is ranked #153 among the Best Colleges in National Universities. The total number of undergraduate students enrolled in the university is 26,559.
CSU is considered to be one of the high research universities where teachers and students perform research on different areas of study like infectious diseases, clean energy technologies, atmospheric science, and environmental science.
The campus has almost 350 different organizations and students are allowed to join any of the organizations according to their interests. Students can take part in the sports competitions held by the university. CSU is also a part of the NCAA I in sports.
Is Colorado State University a good school?
Colorado state university is a highly ranked school and it is classified as the R1: Doctoral University because of the very active faculty, students, and their research activities.
University is a part of NCCA 1 and it is fully accredited. You can also opt for the online courses where you can learn through the online classes if you have any issues regarding attending the physical classes.
University’s in-state tuition and fees are $12,260 whereas the out-of-state tuition and fees are $31,540.
Colorado State University Ranking
- Best Colleges for Agricultural Sciences in America #18 of 142
- Best Colleges for Culinary Arts in America #21 of 131
- Best Colleges for Communications in America #52 of 917
- Best Big Colleges in America #69 of 128
- Best Colleges for Sports Management in America #72 of 435
- Top Public Universities in America #77 of 691
- Best Colleges for Anthropology and Sociology in America #88 of 759
- Best Colleges for Environmental Science in America #95 of 631
- Best Colleges for Kinesiology and Physical Therapy in America #95 of 585
- Best Colleges for Biology in America #136 of 1,079
- Best Colleges for Engineering in America #136 of 467
- Colleges with the Best Professors in America #138 of 1,624
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #140 of 1,612
- Best College Athletics in America #143 of 1,422
- Best Colleges for Design in America #144 of 419
- Best Colleges for Business in America #147 of 1,223
- Best Colleges for Computer Science in America #150 of 868
- Best Colleges for Math in America #154 of 772
- Best Colleges that Accept the Common App in America #156 of 685
- Best Colleges for Economics in America #159 of 586
- Best Colleges for Political Science in America #168 of 804
- Best College Campuses in America #175 of 1,419
- Best Colleges for Student Athletes in America #176 of 1,400
- Best Colleges for Psychology in America #188 of 1,100
- Best Test Optional Colleges in America #201 of 1,535
- Best Colleges for Chemistry in America #204 of 651
- Top Party Schools in America #207 of 1,612
- Best Colleges in America #211 of 1,652
- Best Colleges for Art in America #220 of 733
- Best Colleges for Performing Arts in America #223 of 555
- Best Colleges for History in America #233 of 899
- Best Colleges for Public Policy in America #233 of 623
- Best College Locations in America #246 of 1,634
- Best Colleges for English in America #254 of 890
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #273 of 1,653
- Best College Food in America #275 of 1,392
- Best Colleges for Education in America #279 of 921
- Best Greek Life Colleges in America #281 of 824
- Most Conservative Colleges in America #301 of 854
- Best Value Colleges in America #374 of 1,601
- Best College Dorms in America #441 of 1,392
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #825 of 1,616
- Safest College Campuses in America #944 of 1,387
- Best Colleges for Communications in Colorado #1 of 9
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in Colorado #2 of 28
- Colleges with the Best Professors in Colorado #2 of 26
- Best Colleges for Biology in Colorado #2 of 12
- Top Party Schools in Colorado #3 of 28
- Top Public Universities in Colorado #3 of 19
- Best College Campuses in Colorado #3 of 17
- Best Greek Life Colleges in Colorado #3 of 11
- Best Value Colleges in Colorado #4 of 25
- Best College Athletics in Colorado #4 of 16
- Best Colleges for Computer Science in Colorado #4 of 13
- Best Colleges for English in Colorado #4 of 12
- Most Conservative Colleges in Colorado #4 of 12
- Best Colleges that Accept the Common App in Colorado #4 of 8
- Best Colleges in Colorado #5 of 25
- Best Test Optional Colleges in Colorado #5 of 25
- Best College Food in Colorado #5 of 17
- Best Colleges for Student Athletes in Colorado #5 of 15
- Best Colleges for Business in Colorado #5 of 12
- Best Colleges for Economics in Colorado #5 of 12
- Best Colleges for History in Colorado #5 of 12
- Best Colleges for Political Science in Colorado #5 of 11
- Best Colleges for Education in Colorado #5 of 10
- Colleges with the Best Academics in Colorado #6 of 26
- Best College Dorms in Colorado #6 of 16
- Best Colleges for Psychology in Colorado #6 of 12
- Best College Locations in Colorado #8 of 28
- Most Diverse Colleges in Colorado #13 of 25
- Safest College Campuses in Colorado #15 of 25
Colorado State university Out-of-State Tuition
The estimated tuition & fees for the undergraduate out-of-state students is $30,535. The tuition & fee rate has been decreased by 15.5% from the last year.
If you are not living in the residence provided by the university, then the living cost will cost you 0.74% less than the last year
|Year||Out-of-State||On-Campus Room & Board, Other Expenses|
|Change % 2020-2021||-0.28%||-9.99%|
Colorado State University Acceptance Rate
Colorado State University has an acceptance rate of 81% and this is an accredited university. The acceptance rate is a bit higher than other public universities but still, the students have to work hard to take admission in the university. Here is a score estimation to get admission to this university:
SAT Range 1070-1290
|Students Submitting SAT||80%|
ACT Range 23-29
|ACT Writing||No data available|
|Students Submitting ACT||43%|
Colorado State University Accreditation
Colorado State University is 100% accredited. This institute is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, one of the well-reputed institutes to measure success and performance.
University’s performance and activities are monitored for continuous accreditation. If an institute fails to pass the parameters, there are chances that its accreditation may get canceled. So, for maintaining the accreditation, there must be consistency in research, performance, and activities.
The estimated number of undergraduate students studying in the university is 26,559 of which 47% are male and 53% are female students. There is a university-provided residence in which a total of 68% of students resides whereas 32% of them are residing off-campus.
Colorado State University is part of NCAA I.
The student-teacher ratio is 14:1 and each class has no more than 20- students. Student satisfaction is 79% at the university. They also offer online degree programs and evening programs for the facility of their students.
|TOTAL ENROLLMENT||LIVE ON-CAMPUS||ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION|
Colorado State University offers some great opportunities to its students. Students can earn while studying because of their career-oriented syllabus. At the end of the course, they can earn a handsome amount.
They want their students to grow spiritually and provide all the world-class facilities to their students. There is a campus security system that remains active all the time. There is 24/7 vehicle patrol, lighted pathways, late-night transport services, etc.
Alcohol is prohibited on the college premises. The campus is well renowned for its active, healthy, and sound students who are determined to take difficult steps in life.
There is a library and museum for the students that assist them in their research work.
|On-Campus Housing Available||Yes|
|Freshmen Required to Live on Campus||No|
|Freshmen Live On-Campus||N/A|
|Undergrads in College Housing||43%|
|Average Housing Cost||$4,742 / year|
|Religious affiliation||Not applicable|
|Offer medical degree||Yes|
|Dormitory Capacity||Campus Housing Facilities Provided|
Students can get all the facilities from this college. They can learn online if they are not able to attend classes. They can get financial aid and student loans to pursue their education. There is a medical facility for the students of Colorado State University.
Students can take part in many college-provided sports. They also grant athletic financial aid to students.
|Housing||Women-only housing, Co-ed housing, Disabled housing|
General Admission Information
|Open Admission Policy||Yes|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||%50|
|Graduate Application Fees||$50|
|Credits Accepted||Dual Credits, Credits for Life Experiences, Advanced placement (AP) Credits|
|Degrees Offered||1 Year Certificate, 2 Year Certificate, Associate, Bachelor, Post-Bachelor Certificate, Master, Post-Master Certificate, Doctorate (Professional Practice)|
2021 Tuition and Fees
The tuition and fee for undergraduate and graduate students are different. The tuition and fees are a bit lower than the other universities. Students receive different types of aids that are sufficient enough to pay the tuition and fees of the university.
Undergraduate Tuition & Fees
For the year 2021 – 2022 the average tuition and fees for the undergraduate student are $30,535 and for out-state students, the tuition fees are $28,055. The tuition and fee are decreased by 0.68% as compared to the previous year. The admission cost may change from time to time, there is not any fixed fee.
|Year||In-State||Out-of-State||On-Campus Room & Board, Other Expenses|
|Change % 2020-2021||-0.68%||-0.31%||-9.99%|
Graduate Tuition & Fees
For the year 2021 – 2022 the average tuition and fees for the undergraduate student are $12,784 and for out-state students, the tuition fees are $28,055.The fees have been decreased by 0.68% as compared to the previous year. The admission cost may change from time to time, there is not any fixed fee.
|Year||In-State||Out-of-State||On-Campus Room & Board, Other Expenses|
|Change % 2020-2021||-0.68%||-0.31%||-9.99%|
Tuition Per Credit Hour
Students who want to take some extra credit hours due to some reasons can check the table given below:
Colorado State University-Global Campus all programs and Majors
|Drama and Theatre Production||✔|
|Parks, Recreation, Leisure Studies||✔|
|Agricultural Teacher Education||✔|
|Early Childhood Education||✔|
|Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies||✔|
|Kinesiology and Exercise Science||✔|
|Family Studies and Consumer Sciences||✔|
|French Language and Literature||✔|
|Liberal Art and Humanities||✔|
|Minority and Ethnic Studies||✔|
|Music History and Literature||✔|
|Political Science and Government||✔|
|Social Work and Youth Services||✔|
|Fire Protection and Prevention||✔|
Science, Technology, and Math
|Animal Science and Husbandry||✔|
|Biochemistry and Molecular Biology||✔|
|Bioengineering and biomedical engineering||✔|
|BotanyFoodservice and Plant physiology||✔|
|Computer Hardware engineering||✔|
|Crop and soil science||✔|
|Ecology and evolutionary biology||✔|
|Geology and Earth Science||✔|
|Natural resources conservation and management||✔|
|Neuroscience and neurobiology||✔|
|Wildlife and fisheries management||✔|
|Zoology and entomology||✔|
Trades and Personal Services
|Apparel and Textile Science||
|Construction Engineering Technician||
|Restaurant and Foodservice management||✔|
A total of 52% of students receive need-based financial aids depending on the family income. These aids include:
- Need-based aids
- Pell grant
- Federal students loan
The average amount spent on these aids is $10,960. Students can enroll themselves in any of the grants.
|Type of Aid||Number Receiving Aid||Percent Receiving Aid||Total Amount of Aid Received||Average Amount of Aid Received|
|Grant or Scholarship||13,357||52%||$123,072,157||$9,214|
|Federal Student Loan||10,759||42%||$70,909,160||$6,591|
Colorado State University is a public Land grant research institute providing quality education since 1870. Their job-oriented course helps students to continue their careers while studying in college. The faculty here is well-trained and well-reputed nationwide. The student-teacher ratio is 14:1 that is beneficial not only for the teachers but also for students.
Teachers incorporate the skills in the students that make them good citizens. The financial aid plans are very helpful for the students to pursue their education without any hassle or financial crisis.
The acceptance rate of the university is very low, which means that it’s not a piece of cake to take admission to this university. Students have to make some extra efforts to get admission to this university.